Grab your waders! I’m taking you down the lifestream for some great blog fishin’. I rarely show my little spots to anyone and have an crazy sense of adventure. So, come reading at your own risk. Who knows? Perhaps you’ll catch something interesting at one of these stops?
- The Write to Make a Living – An easy-to-catch shallow-water blog, Stacey Donaldson has created a place to have a cup of Joe and day dream about reading and writing good books. After dipping your feet and casting a few posts, grab your mouse and shuffle upstream for a variety of stronger fare. (Note to self, I just spotted this varietal. I’m not sure if I’m hooked.)
- the3six5 – A perennial favorite and true life-streaming blog, the 3six5 plays by its name featuring short, daily posts, each a different diary entry—365 words/days/authors. A heady blog bouquet, this the3six5 offers a variety of styles, focus and flavors. (Tip for Vegas locals: Check out 1/7/2011 and 2/22/2011.)
- d’blogala – Further up stream, drop your bobber for some daily whimsy. Art doodling author Dawn DeVries Sokol reveals colorful scales made of art journals, calendars, and doodle sketchbooks. You may even spot the rare underbelly—her step-by-step instructional sketchbook. (My inner, seventh-grade doodler yearns for her crafty entries of all colors, shapes and sizes. )
- Whisky in My Sippy Cup – As you come around the bend, take a spell and try to catch this unique half-breed. Shannon posts a Canadian-Texan blog of the spotted-mommy variety. Wild yet baby-safe, this blog is well worth the inevitable side-stepping fight. (If you catch her, release her. The blogosphere needs to maintain a healthy population of wild ones.)
- Attack of the Redneck Mommy – Drop the sippy cup and hold onto the bottle! This southern fried beauty will pull you in so fast your head will spin. Tanis Miller shares pithy yet provocative tales of terror and love in this hellion of a blog. (I’ve logged on for adventure and log off entertained, thunderstruck, balling ike a baby, and busting a gut. Sometimes all at once!)
Tonight’s post was inspired by the writing prompt: “Give us links to five must-read web sites you go to every day and tell us why.” This is my 22st post in March for National Blog Posting Month (NaBloPoMo). The image was created last year in Blogfishing…an activity for the sporting reader. © 2011 Steph Abbott. All rights reserved.