Today, thinking for a short while and not nearly as hard as I should, I have determined for my day to be perfect it could entail certain activities. Here is my list for said day:*
- Waking when and where I want rather than when and where I always do
- Savoring a rich cup of coffee (or tea) in a lush garden
- Walking the neighborhood rather than running errands
- Reading creative tales of adventure and intrigue or writing creatively
- Listening to classical music played live by a full orchestra while sitting cello side
- Eating sardines on saltines with iced tea on the back porch on a hot summer day
- Watching the sun set over Lake Tahoe on a clear night in June
I’ve enjoyed all these things at one time or another. Were they all to happen on the same day, I would smile, shrug, and dream about the next perfect day.
About this post: I am taking part in #NaBloPoMo18 and #Create30. I took this photo while watching the sun set over Lake Tahoe on a clear night in June. I wrote using the prompt for Day 6: “Describe your perfect day” courtesy of Angela of the NaBloPoMo Revival group. Check out her blog at https://angelakennedy.wordpress.com/.
*This list is not inclusive to all activities or conditions to occur and make my day perfect. I could also attain spiritual enlightenment, broker world peace, feed the world, traverse the space-time continuum, discuss dialectics (but for no more than a few minutes), or binge watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer (again).
©2018 Stephanie Abbott. All rights reserved.
Leave a Reply