Appreciating My Treasure and #WritingBravely

Beheld by their splendor, I sat still, gazing at my treasure. Though not mine to truly possess, each provided me with an innate value and enduring promise. Their inner light danced in the summer sun just to catch my breath. My gale swelled with love for these smokey sapphire and golden-flecked gems. As their eyes met mine, my rich soul beamed back. Family is truly a treasure.

_________

This passage and image were inspired by the prompt, “write about a treasure you have.” I wrote this piece and created this image using my smartphone while riding with my family through the Mohave desert. Copyright 2017 Steph Abbott. All rights reserved. #writetribe #writingbravely #festivalofwords #ArtRage

I am taking part in The Write Tribe Festival of Words #6

19 Replies to “Appreciating My Treasure and #WritingBravely”

1. Wow! Beautiful artwork and words. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

2. TheMomSagas says:

Lovely write-up and beautiful picture. Indeed family is truly a treasure!

Liked by 1 person

3. Lovely artwork. So much to treasure here, Steph.

4. Shalzmojo says:

Love the analogies you have used here steph… And that’s a gorgeous work of art.

Liked by 1 person

5. zainab says:

What words and what a piece of art. Talented 🙂

Liked by 1 person

6. What a creative approach to the prompt! Love the art, too.

Liked by 1 person

7. Shalzzz says:

This is just so wonderful, Steph! The image simply captured my attention. Here’s to a great start to the challenge.

Liked by 1 person

8. Such a creative take on the prompt…art work to be framed forever…

Liked by 1 person

9. Rakhi Parsai says:

Lovely picture Steph. The Beautiful thought behind the treasure of yours.

Liked by 1 person

10. Rajlakshmi says:

how absolutely beautiful !!! In love with your word and imagery.

Liked by 1 person